Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ULTIMATE DIRECTION

CROSSING THE DIVIDE...FROM RACING IN DESERTS AROUND THE WORLD TO TAKING ON THE ITALIAN ALPS...


I am really thrilled to be an Ambassador for Ultimate Direction!  I have been using the Ultimate Direction hand bottle for years now.  I used the hand bottle when no one even knew what they were.  I had so many people ask me about it over the years because I use it every single time I run...every race I go to...and every country that I visit.

Now I am testing out the other new products that they have on the market.  I am super excited about the DIABLO! The easiest way to explain this is that it is like a camel bac but better!  I first saw it on a runner in a recent marathon.  I ran with him for a bit and asked him about it.  He raved about it...and turns out he was an ultrarunner too...having done some of the Racing the Planet events.




It is a sport vest shoulder harness system with a 96 ounce water bladder.  The bladder is cool because you don't have to screw on a top over an opening, but rather it folds up and sticks to itself, and then you seal it.  It is very cool!  Fast...no fuss...no muss...and easy to stuff ice into if need be. ( I love ice)  The pack has lots of storage and pockets ( I love pockets)  AND... the harness carries a 20 ounce bottle under the pack.  This means I don't have to use a handheld...which is important if you are in a race that requires that you use poles.

I am also trying out the GRIND 16.  It is a 16 L pack which has loads of features!  It holds a 96 oz water reservoir and there are pockets on the waistbelt which I love!  This pack is designed so that it can be used for running or biking which is great!



And finally, I have the SOLITAIRE HHS.  It is a waistpack that holds a 26 ounce water bottle.  What is cool is that it has a very roomy storage pocket on top which can hold anything you like to keep close at hand. ( Food, thermolytes, blistex etc.)  And the waistband also features little pockets.  Love it!




So I am testing all of this out and I will let you know how it works out...but I am very excited to have it as part my running and biking gear collection.  If you would like to check out their great gear you can visit the website... www.ultimatedirection.com

No comments: